Complaints Procedure

You may make your complaint by following these guidelines:

a) If something happens which causes you concern, we would like to put it right straight away. Our senior team will make every effort to address your concerns and sort out problems; if they cannot they will arrange for you to speak to someone who perhaps can.

b) If your complaint is not resolved at that stage you may wish to see the home’s manager.

c) If you are still not satisfied and wish to make a formal complaint you may contact the home’s operations manager. Please contact the home if you are unaware of who this is.

Operations manager,

Kingsley Healthcare,
Kingsley House, Clapham Road South,
Lowestoft, Suffolk, NR32 1QS.      T: 01502-502702

You may also contact the operations directors at the head office address above if a satisfactory outcome is not reached at this stage.

d) If the complaint cannot be resolved satisfactorily within the care service, the person making the complaint might seek to refer the matter to the local authority adult social care complaints service, if the care is local authority-funded, or directly to the Local Government Ombudsman if privately funded. People who take their complaint to the local authority but still do not get a satisfactory result might wish to go to the Local Government Ombudsman.
Contact details are as follows.

The Local Government Ombudsman

PO Box 4771, Coventry CV4 0EH
Tel: 0300 061 0614 or 0845 602 1983

e) Service users/relatives might also wish to communicate any concerns to the Care Quality Commission, although it will not investigate a complaint directly. Its contact details are as follows:

The Care Quality Commission,

CQC Eastern, City Gate,
Gallow Gate, Newcastle – upon – Tyne, NE1 4PA

What do we do when we receive your complaint?